Share the L.O.V.E.
Language of Virtues Everyday
“Share the L.O.V.E.” is a campaign that reminds us to stay on the side of positivity, humanity, unity, and hope. It empowers each of us to use the language of 'virtues' - universal positive qualities of character - to contribute to a culture of gratitude, kindness, respect, equity, and appreciation.
It's as simple as sharing a Virtues Card by email, text or on social media and acknowledging a person, organization, community or even a cause for qualities such as compassion, excellence, strength, hope, resilience or justice.
During Peace Week, lead-up to U.N. International Day of Peace (21 Sept).
How to Participate
- Download Virtues Cards app & FREE Sample Deck
- Share card by text, email or post on social media
- Acknowledge another (person, organization, cause) for a quality you see in them & evidence
You demonstrated courage by speaking up in class today.
Thank you for your flexibility in changing your plans for me.
4. Invite others to Share the L.O.V.E. with included invitation card
5. Optional: Post hashtag #sharethelove or #custom to amplify & make viral
Share the L.O.V.E. is for Everyone
It really is! Everyone includes:
- People who want to uplift and empower others
- People who want to improve themselves, practice mindfulness, and cultivate interpersonal skills
- Businesses who want a culture of appreciation and gratitude for employees, partners, suppliers and customers
- Families who want more family unity and healthy relationships
- Educators who want empowered, peaceful, confident students
- Service professionals (coaches, social workers, facilitators) who want to provide support, empathy and compassion
- Community leaders who want to inspire, motivate and create positive change. (i.e. social justice, peace, environmental advocacy)
The unprecedented global experience of Covid-19 and the elevated awareness of social injustice has created an unexpected pause in our lives of frenetic activity. Much like the slightest pause between breaths during meditation, it is in this fertile space that the capacity for remarkable growth for individuals - and it now appears - for society has arisen.
It is clear we are undergoing rapid transition. This is leading to anxiety, trauma and loss but also compassion, kindness, cooperation and optimism.
- How can we create more positivity to meet both challenges and opportunities?
- How can we build capacity and skills to bring out the best in ourselves and others?
- How can we amplify and expand all the good already taking place?